Monday, April 25, 2011

The Oil Cleansing Method

I was not graced with gorgeous, glowing skin. My skin is very acne prone, oily, and dull. I have battled my whole life with trying every cleanser, toner, and moisturizer on the market. I don't want to even think about the amount of money I have spent over the years... and a lot of those lotions and potions are just sitting under my sink. I decided to start researching natural ways to improve my skin when I came across "The Oil Cleansing Method". It is AMAZING!!!!!

The cleansing method basically consists of combining different oils together and using it solely as your skin care cleaner and moisturizer. I was very skeptical at first. Was I really debating putting oil on my already oily skin?? What kind of insane woman would do that?? Apparently oil disolves oil (the old addage like disolves like?!?!) I found the two different oils my skin required in the kitchen (Castor and EVOO in my case) and put it together. I started with a 50/50 mixture. After the first time I washed my face my skin was GLOWING. It felt so soft and smooth. It did not feel oily. I went to bed and woke up and my skin wasn't insanely broken out like I thought it would be after smearing oil all over it. Within a week my skin was better than it had ever been. There's no need to even wash your make up off first since this mixture will clear everything away.

I have now been doing the Oil Cleaning Method for a few months and will never go back. Not only is it cost effective and natural, it is amazing! I have also started to incorporate using tea tree oil on any pimples that like to pop up. I just add a dab after my normal washing routine and go to sleep. Voila!

I'd love to hear if any of you have used this or if you're planning on trying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment